Michael Weldon’s Eggplant and Cashew Curry
A creamy eggplant curry with a delicious nutty flavour. Perfect to serve for a delicious weeknight dinner.
- 2 tbs Squeaky Gate extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tbs Patak’s Korma Paste
- 2 tbs Patak’s Eggplant Pickle
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ginger, minced
- 1 Eggplant, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs olive oil
- fried curry leaves
- serve with rice
- Pre heat an oven to 200 deg C.
- Add the eggplant to the oven tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and garam masala. Place in the oven and cook until golden.
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat add drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add the Patak’s Korma Paste and fry off until it begins to separate. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, cook till softened. Add in the cashews and 2 cups of water and bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until the cashews are soft.
- Add in the Patak’s Eggplant Pickle. With a stick blend the cashew curry mixture until smooth. Return to the pot and bring to the simmer. Add the eggplant into the sauce and simmer. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking.Serve the curry topped with fried curry leaves and rice on the side.