Jamie Oliver’s Butter Cauliflower Curry
For a flexible, vibrant, midweek meal, try my veggie twist on butter chicken. It’s fun, it’s fresh, and it won’t disappoint.
- 1 small cauliflower (550g)
- 1kg ripe tomatoes
- 3 heaped tablespoons Patak’s Butter Chicken Paste
- 1 onion
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 4 chapatis, to serve or Patak’s Garlic & Herb Naans
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Trim the cauliflower, keeping a few smaller leaves intact, and place in a snug-fitting roasting tray (25x30cm). Cut half the tomatoes into quarters and scatter around the cauliflower, then rub it all with a heaped tablespoon of the Patak’s Butter Chicken Paste and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pour 150ml of water into the bottom of the tray and roast in the oven for
1 hour, until soft and golden, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the onion, then place in a large non-stick frying with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Bash the cashew nuts in a pestle and mortar until fine. Roughly chop the remaining tomatoes with the coriander stalks, reserving the leaves for later.
- Add the remaining paste to the onions and fry for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the coconut cream, tomatoes, coriander stalks and 400ml boiling water, add most of the cashew nuts and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat, and leave to cool slightly.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and blitz until smooth, then pour back into the pan. Carefully place the roasted cauliflower and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle over the coriander leaves and the remaining cashew nuts and serve with the warmed chapatis or Patak’s Garlic & Herb Naans.