Try these mouth-watering Hot Madras Mushroom Parcels for something a little different and delicious, this evening.
2 small leeks, finely chopped (white only)
400g white button mushrooms
2 medium potatoes (300g), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 small sweet potato (300g), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
3 tbsp Patak’s Madras Paste
1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
2 cups baby spinach
sliced or pickled red onion, chopped coriander, Patak’s Plain Pappadums, steamed rice
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C convection (140C fan forced).
2. Place leek, mushroom, potato, sweet potato, Patak’s Madras paste and coconut milk in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes to develop flavour.
3. Cut baking paper into eight 28cm X 28cm squares. Cut cooking twine into eight 5 inch pieces.
4. Place one baking paper square in a small 250ml capacity bowl pressing down the centre and letting the edges hang over the sides of the bowl. Place 8-10 spinach leaves in the bowl. Top it with the mushroom mix (aim to get at least 3 pieces each of the mushroom, potato and sweet potato in the bowl). Gather the edges of the baking paper around the mushroom mixture into a money bag shape and tie it with the cooking twine.
5. Repeat with the remaining seven squares of baking paper.
6. Place prepared mushroom parcels on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot over a bed of steamed rice. Garnish with coriander and enjoy with pickled onion and pappadums.
Patak’s Pappadums Plain are made with lentil…
Patak’s Mini Pappadums Plain are deliciously light…