2 large eggplants
1 1/2 tbsp Patak’s Tandoori Paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup rice
1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp finely shredded fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp finely shredded coriander leaves
1/4 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the eggplants in half, lengthwise. Score the eggplants with deep diagonal cuts along the length of the eggplant. Place the eggplants on a baking tray.
- Mix the Patak’s Tandoori Paste with a tablespoon of yoghurt and a light sprinkle of salt. Divide the mixture evenly between the eggplants and spread it out.
- Roast the eggplants in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Whilst the eggplants are cooking, prepare the rice by rinsing and draining. Place in a saucepan and add one and half cups of water. Put the lid on the saucepan and bring the water to the boil over high heat. As soon as the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat and allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with the fork and allow to cool down.
- When ready to serve, mix the coriander and mint with the rice and spoon onto the eggplant halves. Spoon some yoghurt and scatter pomegranate seeds over. Drizzle the olive oil all over. Season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.