Spicy Beef Samosas
Treat everyone to a lovely snack on a cold day with these samosas. Spicy minced beef and green peas all wrapped up in soft and buttery filo pastry. Pair them with the cooling taste of the coriander and mint raita for something absolutely divine. For a vegetarian alternative, replace beef with potatoes.
1 pack of filo pastry (around 300g)
250g red onions, very finely chopped
250g finely minced beef
1 tbsp. ginger, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. Patak’s Vindaloo Curry Paste
110g frozen peas
2 tbsp. coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
1 egg, beaten
Salt, to taste
Prepare the filling
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Don’t roll out the filo pastry sheets until ready to assemble the samosas otherwise they will dry out.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until light golden brown.
- Add the ginger, the garlic and the minced beef.
- Add the Patak’s Vindaloo Curry Paste to pan, cook until meat is cooked.
- Add frozen peas and cook until peas are thawed and hot.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and stir.
Salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Line two pans with baking paper.
- Unwrap filo pastry and take about 2 to 3 layers.
- Using scissors, cut filo pastry into three long strips.
- On one strip, place heaping spoonful of filling at strip’s end.
- Fold samosa into triangles, heading up the strip and place on the pan.
- Cover the samosas with one beaten egg.
The filo will crisp up in the oven where the egg has been applied.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and cook for around 15 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Serve with coriander and Mint Raita.