Rogan Josh Lamb Pot Pie
Filled with delicious Rogan Josh Lamb and covered in beautiful golden pastry, these Pot Pies are perfect for a cozy night in.
500g lamb mince
1 cup water
1 onion, finely diced
1 tbsp rice bran oil
1 potato, diced into small cubes
1 carrot, diced into small cubes
3 tbsp Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste
4 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar
1 sheet puff pastry, partially thawed
- To prepare the filling, heat one tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Sauté the onions until they’re softened. Add the lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the water, tomato puree, sugar, diced potatoes, carrots and mix everything together. Ensure the vegetables are submerged in the liquid (you may need to a little more water). Lightly season with salt.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, partially cover with a lid and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are tender and the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce. Season with salt to taste and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- To assemble the pies, use the ramekins as a guide, cut out four circles on the sheet of puff pastry and cut a deep cross into the middle of each pastry disc to allow steam to escape.
- Spoon the lamb mixture evenly between the ramekins and place a puff pastry circle on top. Tuck the edges into the ramekin around the filling.
- Make an egg wash by adding a splash of water with the egg and lightly beat with a fork.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash and place the ramekins on a baking tray.
- 10. Bake the pies in the oven for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.