Patak’s Madras Paste 283g
Patak’s Madras Paste is a hot spice…
2 medium sized fillets of salmon
2 tablespoons Patak’s Madras Paste
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large eggs
170 g basmati rice
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 lemons, juiced
2 handfuls fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli finely chopped
Serve with yoghurt, pappadums and lime pickle.
1. Combine Patak’s Madras Spice Paste and natural yoghurt in a shallow mixing bowl. Add salmon fillets and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Heat oil on a barbeque or grill and cook salmon for approximately four minutes each side (the salmon will start to lift from the grill when ready to turn over). Once cooked flake the salmon into small pieces and set aside.
3. Boil the eggs for approximately 8 minutes until hard boiled. Allow to cool under cold running water, peel and cut into quarters.
4. To make the Kedgeree, cook the rice a saucepan of boiling water for 10 – 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and place in fridge.
5. Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes then add the curry powder and lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the rice to the pan, allow to heat then add coriander, salmon and chilli. Divide the kedgeree in serving bowls and top with eggs and coriander and serve with extra yoghurt, pappadums and lime pickle if desired.