Fish Tikka Skewers
Turn dinner time up a notch with a recipe that's full of flavour. These Fish Tikka Skewers are as delicious as they look. All you need is a few simple ingredients, plus our Tikka Masala paste.
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g firm white fish – ling, cod or hake, diced
2 tablespoons Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
1 clove garlic, finely diced
2cm ginger, grated
2 carrots, grated
Half small red onion, finely chopped plus extra to serve
Handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped plus extra to serve
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Serve with roti bread, lime wedges, baby spinach, natural yoghurt and Patak’s Lime Pickle, if desired.
1. Soak four wooden skewers in shallow water bath.
2. Combine Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste, yoghurt, garlic and ginger in medium sized mixing bowl. Add fish and cover well. Leave to marinate in fridge for at least an hour.
3. Preheat the grill or barbeque to medium to high. Skewer the marinated fish onto the wooden skewers and grill for 8 – 10 minutes until cooked to your liking (ensuring they are turned regularly to prevent them burning).
4. To make the koshimbir, combine all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread natural yoghurt on the top of roti bread and sprinkle some koshimbir on top. Place the fish skewers over the koshimbir and top with fresh coriander, baby spinach, red onion and lime wedges.