4 Tbsp Patak’s Medium Spice Paste
1 Medium Sized Onion (Sliced)
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Optional) 2 Tbsp Oil
2 cm Peeled and Finely Chopped Ginger (Optional)
2 Finely Chopped Garlic Clove (Optional)
2 Tbsps Oil
1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
100ml Water Salt to Taste
200g Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander (To Serve)
1. Boil the potatoes in water for about 15 minutes or till they are cooked. Drain and let the potatoes steam dry.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, ginger (optional), garlic (optional) and onions. Cook till the onions are soft and golden brown in colour.
3. Add 2 tbsps. of Patak’s Medium Spice Paste,100 ml of water and cook till the water has evaporated.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, mix well and cook on medium heat till the sauce coats all the potatoes.
6. Add salt to taste and garnish with chopped fresh coriander. Serve hot.