3 Grain Biryani with Korma Chana
This Biryani with Korma dish is perfect when you feel like some simple veggies that are bursting with flavours and spice. Recipe by @nataliezee
70g Korma Paste
1 onion, diced
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can (400g) of cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups (approx. 60gs) of baby spinach
3 Grain Biryani
¼ cup of green/brown lentils
¼ cup of pearl barley
1 small can (125g) cooked corn kernels, rinsed and drained
Plain or coconut yoghurt and mint or coriander, to serve
- To make the Korma Chana, first, fry the onions in a little olive oil until translucent.
- Add the Korma paste and stir until fragrant before adding the chopped tomatoes. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the sauce has cooked, add the chickpeas and spinach and allow to heat through for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils and pearl barley together in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the barley and lentils and stir through the corn.
- To serve, spoon the grain mix onto a plate and top with the Korma Chana, yoghurt and herbs.