Chicken Korma Tray Bake
Our mouth-watering Roasted Chicken Korma Tray Bake mixes a variety of vegetables, nuts and fresh spices – bringing you a dish your whole family will love.
6-8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
3 tablespoons Patak’s Korma Paste
2 tablespoons olive oil
900g butternut squash, cut into 2cm cubes
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 red onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
1/3 cup Patak’s Korma Paste
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (from a can)
freshly ground salt and pepper
1/3 cup flaked almonds, toasted
1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
1 red chilli, sliced
Steamed green beans and steamed rice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of Patak’s Korma Paste and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Coat the chicken pieces with this paste in a large bowl and marinate for at least 15 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large roasting or casserole pan, combine the cubed butternut squash, rinsed cannellini beans and red onions.
- Combine another 1/3 cup korma paste and 1 ½ cups coconut milk and pour over the butternut pumpkin and vegetables. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken pieces in on top of the vegetables.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and the chicken is golden and cooked through, stirring a couple of times during cooking.
- Garnish with toasted flaked almonds, coriander and red chilli. Serve with steamed green beans and rice.