Jamie Oliver’s Tandoori Veggie Skewers
Give veggie skewers a tandoori makeover for a deliciously quick lunch or dinner. Simply skewer them up, pop them under the grill, then pile them high. Scale it up or down and make it work for you.
- 1 red onion
- 250g mixed mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons Patak’s Tandoori Paste Marinade
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint (15g)
- 200g natural yoghurt
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1 clove of garlic
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. You need 2 skewers for this recipe, if using wooden ones, soak them first.
- Peel and halve the onion and set aside 1 half for later. Cut the other half into quarters and separate into petals. Place in a large bowl with the mushrooms (halving any larger ones), cherry tomatoes and rub with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Patak’s Tandoori Paste Marinade. Thread the veg onto skewers, then transfer to a non-stick baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, until gnarly, turning halfway.
- Finely slice the remaining onion, place in a small bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and a pinch of sea salt, then set aside.
- Finely chop the mint leaves (reserving a few baby ones for later) and mix with 4 tablespoons of the yoghurt in a small bowl. Season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
- To make the flatbreads, mix together the flour, remaining 150g yoghurt and a pinch of salt with a fork in a medium bowl. Use your hands to gently knead into a ball of dough. Halve, then roll out each piece on a flour-dusted surface into two flatbreads around 1cm thick.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, place in a small frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry for 1 minute until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the flatbreads and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden and puffed up. (You may have to do one at a time, depending on the size of your pan.)
- Brush with the garlic oil.
- Transfer the flatbreads to plates, top with the veggie skewers, drizzle with the minty yoghurt and scatter over the pickled onions and reserved mint leaves. Serve with a fresh crunchy salad on the side, if you like.