Our Dum Biryani is a one-pot-wonder! Moist and flavourful, this layered dish of Tikka Masala spiced chicken and fluffy rice is perfect for sharing.
- 70ml Oil
- 250g Onion sliced
- 20g Ginger Puree
- 20g Garlic Puree
1 Pot (70g) Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste Pot
- 100ml Water
- 200ml Full Fat Yoghurt
- 80ml Double Cream
- 50g Tomato Puree
- 100g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1kg Chicken Thigh and Drumsticks
- 1kg Basmati Rice
- 100ml Milk
- 4lt Water
- 20ml Oil
- 100g Fried Onions
- 3 No. Green Chilli
- Heat oil in a pan. Then, add sliced onions and cook until soft and golden brown.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste Pot and 100 ml water. Cook on medium heat until all the water evaporates.
- Add tomato puree and chopped tinned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cool down for 2 minutes. Whisk in the yogurt then bring back to heat on simmer.
- Add the double cream and chicken and mix well. Cover and cook on simmer till the chicken is cooked (approximately 30 minutes) and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pot. Once the water is boiling add milk and stir in the rice.
- Cook the rice until al dente.
- Cool it on a tray until warm.
Assembly and Final Cook
- Take an oven-proof pot with a lid. Smear some butter or oil at the bottom of the pot. Add 2 small ladles of sauce at the bottom and then a thick layer of cooked rice. Set half of the cooked pieces of chicken on the rice and ladle some sauce on them. Spread another layer of cooked rice on the chicken.
- Repeat the above process making sure the last layer is of cooked rice.
- Spread the fried onions & Green Chilli on the rice. Cover with aluminium foil and the lid. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt of raita.